I'm back!

8:55 PM

Hello all! A few months back I started this blog but unfortunately with school and everything I wasn't able to keep up with it. But I really want to get into blogging so I thought I'd give it another try! Especially since it's summer and I have so much free time! This coming week I'm headed to Long Island and I thought that would be a perfect time to start blogging about my wardrobe! But for now I have made a new purchase that I'd like to share! It's the Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express. Which looks like this:

 It's Maybelline's newest mascara and before purchasing it I heard a lot of great things so I thought why not give it a try! I used to use L'oreal Voluminous Mascara but I ran out a while back and my friend had given me a Chanel mascara that I used for a little while. Truth be told, I'm not the biggest makeup wearer so I don't buy new products too often and I don't wear makeup on the daily. But out of all the products there are, mascara is the one I use the most frequently. I digress, I really liked this mascara! As soon as I started to apply I saw a difference and for me usually it takes at least two coats to see any real change. I ended up only putting on one coat and using an eyelash curler. Below is the difference.
Before applying. Bare lashes.

After. (One coat and eyelash curler) 

Forgive me for the terrible photo and the smudged eyeliner (I'm new at this!) and keep in mind I am no makeup blogger but I really like this mascara and thought I'd share it with you guys! This is only after ONE coat which I think is pretty good. I don't think the photo exemplifies it as well as it could but this mascara made my eyelashes look voluminous after only one coat. Imagine after two or three coats! And after wearing it for a few hours I did not experience any flaking or smudging. All in all, I would definitely recommend this mascara! I bought the regular (not waterproof) version in the color blackest black and it was only $5.94 at my local walmart. Hopefully the next time I wear it I can get a better photo for you guys! 

Oh and in case you were wondering, the brush looks like this: 
It's definitely a smooth applicator and makes it easy to apply the mascara! I would definitely recommend this mascara for anyone on a budget and even those who aren't on a budget. It's such a low price for good quality! It made my eyelashes look better than they ever had with just one coat! I can't wait to apply when I'm going for a more dramatic look and dressing up to go out for the night and have a full face of makeup on! I hope you guys enjoyed this brief review! If you have any questions feel free to leave them below in the comments! (: 
xoxo Tomasilienne 

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9662045/?claim=mg2xh7dqe6w">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I was looking for a new drugstore mascara. I'll definitely check this one out!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check it out! It's totally worth it! (:

      Delete
  2. Oooh I'm looking for new mascara! I might have to try this one!
    Thanks for visiting my blog~
    http://lexiluthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE that mascara, it's amazing. I totally get what you mean about never being able to find time to blog, but welcome back to the blogosphere! I look forward to reading your future posts

    naomi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this mascara! It's very beginner friendly to use. I'm sooo bad putting on mascara but this one I recently tried and fell in love.

    Do you think you'll use it again?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Subscribe